Helseovervåking hos vill laksefisk
Veterinærinstituttet overvåker forekomst og utbredelse av sykdomsagens hos vill laksefisk i ferskvannsfasen.
Helseovervåkingsprogrammet for vill anadrom laksefisk har som overordnet mål å undersøke kilder til og utbredelsen av sykdomsfremkallende agens i vill laksefisk. Veterinærinstituttet har ansvaret for ferskvannsfasen i programmet mens Havforskningsinstituttet har ansvaret for den marine fasen.
Rapport for overvåkingsdata fra 2019 rapporteres samtidig med Havforskningsinstituttet sin overvåking av vill laksefisk i sjø, og publiseres i løpet av juni 2020.
Piscine orthoreovirus-3 (PRV-3) is present in marine farmed rainbow trout and in wild sea trout in Norway.
In 2021, the health monitoring programme for wild salmonids investigated the presence of PRV-3 in wild freshwater resident wild brown trout, and in freshwater based inland aquaculture of rainbow trout and brown trout in Norway.
PRV-3 was detected in brown trout in a stock enhancement hatchery in the County of Innlandet and in wild brown trout from four lakes. Two of these lakes were stocked with brown trout from the PRV-3 positive hatchery. Two of the PRV-3 positive wild brown trout were lacking the adipose fin, indicating that they were released from the hatchery. The results indicate that PRV-3 is present in freshwater resident brown trout, but also that the occurrence can be associated with release from stock enhancement hatcheries. Accordingly, the study suggest that virus can be spread by stocking of infected fish in the wild. Sequencing of PRV-3 from the PRV-3 positive stock enhancement hatchery and the lakes could provide stronger evidence of this virus spread. Histopathological investigations would provide information regarding the health effects of PRV-3 infection in brown trout.
Last ned rapport
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2021 (pdf 557kb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2020 (pdf 2mb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2019 (pdf 2mb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2018 (pdf 1mb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2017 (pdf 1mb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2016 (pdf 2mb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2015 (pdf 4mb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2014 (pdf 729kb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2013 (pdf 638kb)
- Health monitoring of wild fish 2012 (pdf 483kb)