OIE is a World Organisation for Animal Health and is the intergovernmental organisation responsible for improving animal health worldwide. The OIE Reference Laboratories are designated to collaborate with member countries around the world to confirm diagnoses and exchange knowledge in diagnostics, disease education and epidemiology. The requirements are described in the OIE Terms of Reference.
In addition, NVI has an appointed OIE Focal Point on wildlife, who acts as an expert assistant to the Chief Veterinary Officer and a national contact point for OIE in professional issues within the area of competence.
- Contact persons for OIE Reference Centers at NVI
- Chronic Wasting Disease - Sylvie Benestad
- Epidemiology and Risk Assessment of Aquatic Animal Disease - Saraya Tavornpanich
- Gyrodactylus salaris - Haakon Hansen
- Infectious salmon anemia (ILA) - Ole-Bendik Dale
- Pancreas Disease (PD) - Hilde Sindre
- Focal point for laboratory - Jorun Jarp
- Focal point for wildlife - Knut Madslien